Oakland library locations are closed until further notice, but with today's technology, that doesn't stop storytime! OPL children's librarians are presenting germ-free virtual storytimes weekly on our Facebook page:
- Mondays 10:30 AM: Play & Learn
- Wednesdays 11 AM: Bilingual Storytime (Spanish)
- Saturdays 10:30 AM: Family Storytime
We have gathered a list of free online stories, music, art, and more for kids and families to enjoy while practicing social distancing.
- Live storytimes from many libraries!
- Storyline Online: Famous people reading children's books aloud
- Mr. Limata, first-grade teacher at Emerson Elementary School
- Overdrive videos: for families who adore the Weston Woods DVDs in our collection, and those who have not yet discovered them.
- Jbrary songs, rhymes, and fingerplays for your littlest ones
- Growing Book by Book has also compiled a similar list of early literacy resources
- Read Out Loud on KidLit TV
- Check out ebooks and online audiobooks with your library card.
- Listen to a story with Tumblebooks (and practice your reading, too).
- Stories and How to Draw with Grace Lin
- Books by Robert Munsch... read by Robert Munsch!
- Circle Round, a podcast of folktales and traditional stories from around the world produced by WBUR radio
- Cosmic Yoga keeps kids 3-9 moving and breathing purposefully