Text Notices and Updates
Sign up with Shoutbomb to receive SMS text notices on your holds, renewals, and fee balances for your Oakland Public Library account, plus information about important library announcements.
Please be aware of that message and data rates may apply when sending/receiving text messages, depending on your data and message services plan. Message frequency varies by account activities.
You can sign up online or by phone following the steps below:
- Create a Shoutbomb contact on your phone, and enter the phone number: 833-439-9641
- Text the message SIGNUP to Shoutbomb and reply with your card number and the PIN to your online library account when prompted.
Once signed up, you can text the following Keywords/Commands to Shoutbomb to manage notices you would like to receive (all keywords are case insensitive):
- HELP - Get information about all Shoutbomb keywords/commands
Keywords for managing notifications and registration
- SIGNUP - Sign up for Shoutbomb's text notice service
- QUIT - Cancels registration to Shoutbmob and ends all text notifications
- ADDCARD - Register additional cards on the same phone
- DROPCARD - Unregister cards added with ADDCARD
- MYCARDS - Access list of registered cards and their expiration dates
- HOLDS - Turn on/off notices about items that are ready for pickup (the service is set to be ON by default)
- OVERDUE - Turn on/off notices about items that are overdue (the service is set to be ON by default)
- RENEW - Turn on/off notices about items you can renew (the service is set to be ON by default)
- FEES - Turn on/off notices about your overdue fees or fines (the service is set to be ON by default)
- YF - Receive fine/fees balance reminders
- NF - Not to receive fine/fees balance reminders
- ANNOUNCEMENTS - Turn on/off library announcements (the service is set to be ON by default)
- NOTICES - Get a list of types of notices you have opted in/out to receive
- NEWPASS - Update your account if you change the PIN to your online library account
- SWITCHPHONE - Update your phone number
Keywords for retrieving information on your registered cards
- MYBOOKS - Receive list of checkouts, holds and fee/fines balances
- HL - Get a list of holds ready for pickup
- OL - Get a list of overdue items
- RL - Get a list of items eligible to renew
- RI - Get a list of items that are not eligible for renewal
- OI - Get a list of overdue items that are not eligible for renewal
- RW - Get a list of reasons an item is not eligible for renewal
- OW - Get a list of reasons overdue item is not eligble for renewal
- OA - Renew overdue items
- RA - Renew all eligible items
- IOWEU - List of fee/fine balance under each registered card
- CXH - Cancel holds ready for pickup. If canceling multiple holds, select the number next to the title and put a space between each number.
- RESEND - View messages from the last three days.
If you have problems with your registration, or need to deregister without the registered phone in hand, please email email@example.com with your library card barcode number and your requests.